Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stop #8: Washington & Holt, Indianapolis (#23)

Steak 'n' Shake trip numero ocho happened a mere two days after trip numero siete.



On this fun adventure, Brett and I were joined by Fiance and our good friend Jaydeth.

See me 'n' Fiance. Me being happy, him being "Look I'm on something really strong even if I can't name what it is!".

He wasn't really on anything. He just likes mocking me and my happiness. Too bad for him, he's going to have to deal with this happy FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. Ha ha ha ha. I will get the last laugh. Because women on average live longer than men.


And, of course, see Brett and Jaydeth. I promise they don't always look this uncomfortable. Well, Brett does. But that's because you'd be uncomfortable too, if you were wandering around with no soul and all.

Actually, her name isn't really Jaydeth, but that's what I like to call her, and as a result, that is what Fiance really, truly thought her name was. We learned him right this weekend though, and told him that "Jay" is, in fact, NOT short for "Jaydeth."

Also, Brett and Jay would like you to know that, at Steak 'n' Shake, there are four meal options under $4 each.


That's right! A whole four options! All of them for less than $4!

Of course, by less than $4, what they really mean is, for $3.99 plus tax. But still! How awesome! Brett and Jay are here to show you how awesome.


Fun fact: Apparently at the Washington and Holt location, water is carbonated and has a vague lemon-lime taste.

Or, it could be that their servers get confused between which pitchers hold water and which ones hold Sprite. And that they somehow don't notice when they bring out two cups of "water" that are fizzing in ways water probably never should.

While at Steak 'n' Shake, we decided to play a fun game that one of my student workers shared with me. It's called "Exquisite Corpse," and rules are that you fold a blank piece of paper in thirds. The person to go first draws a head on the top third, then folds it back so that the next person can't see it. The next person then draws the midsection of a body, and folds it back so that the final person to play can't see it, either. The final person then draws the lower body, legs and all, then the masterpiece is unfolded so that all can see the full picture.

Meet Janey, our Exquisite Corpse.


No, I don't know what's with the clown pants there (I'm responsible only for Janey's head).

Of course, the clown pants started as chaps, which resulted in conversation regarding Janey's potential to have certain genitalia that would be ... exquisitely exposed, in such pants.

And this conversation, of course, resulted in AWKWARD STARFISH.

Sidenote, Alicia, creator of the AwkwardStarfish -- we miss you! As you can see, Jay clearly cannot AwkwardStarfish as well as you can.

After we'd finished with Janey, my Fudge Brownie Sundae showed up. And it was tasty. And this paragraph probably seems a little out of place, but I don't know where else to work in the information "I ordered a Fudge Brownie Sundae on this trip" without sounding potentially more out of place. I mean, I guess I could have said, "Sidenote, Alicia, creator of the AwkwardStarfish -- we miss you! I ordered a Fudge Brownie Sundae on this trip. And as you can see, Jay cannot AwkwardStarfish as well as you can."

And so ends another Steak 'n' Shake trip in the quest. Jay, it was good to have you, and if you didn't live in Illinois, we'd have you more often. Sadly, you've been tainted by that state, so away we must send you now.


Also, the lighting in the Steak 'n' Shake on Washington and Holt is clearly off. I swear there was writing on that sign ....

1 comment:

  1. Your fiance is high on Steak 'n Shake. Obviously.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who wishes she could get high on Frisco Melts

    ReplyDelete