Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stop #48: North Meridian, Carmel (#224)

In late December, I decided to hit up yet another Steak 'n Shake.


In part because it was on my way to paying that pesky speeding ticket I earned on my way to completing Stops #40 and #41. And in part because, progress!

Also in part because I finally wanted to see what a Steak 'n Shake breakfast was like.


It's true! I've now had a Steak 'n Shake breakfast. But we'll get to that in a minute.

Jen joined me for this stop because she was free, and she too wanted breakfast.

Before making the stop, I invested in some new crayons, since Bloomington stole mine.


As you can see, they were exciting. And even more exciting once you opened the box to discover ...


... GelFX crayons AND Metallic crayons! And by Metallic crayons, I don't mean your standard gold, silver, and bronze. I mean those pictured above: Big Dip O' Ruby, Cyber Grape, Sheen Green, and Steel Blue (not in that order).

And how do they look?


... well, not super-different from normal crayons. Especially those GelFX once. Gel effects, my ass. Looks just like a regular blue crayon to me. The Metallic ones really did have a bit of a sparkle to them, so they were okay.

I also noticed that the placemats that weren't advertising the breakfast deals (namely, all-you-can-eat pancakes) were advertising special shakes for the then-upcoming Valentine's Day.

Oh Steak 'n Shake, you do know how to steal a girl's heart!

My husband only wishes I would express such love for him.

Thankfully, breakfast arrived before I could get much more physical with my placemat.


Breakfast, and a lot a lot A LOT of syrup.

So how is a Steak 'n Shake breakfast?

Well, the bacon is tasty.

The eggs are all right.

And the pancakes were delicious. Which surprised me -- I normally don't like pancakes, unless they're the Dadly Dude's blueberry pancakes made at a campground. If I liked pancakes, you'd be reading a blog about visiting all the IHOPs in Indiana, not Steak 'n Shakes.

But these pancakes (I should probably note, they did contain chocolate chips) were delicious. I could have eaten more.

Thanks, Steak 'n Shake, for that now-tempting All-You-Can-Eat pancake breakfast. Need I remind you I'm trying to lose weight?

Following our tasty, tasty breakfast, we asked Ron, a server passing by, to take our picture.


Which Ron did, then followed by professing HIS love for Steak 'n Shake, also. Ron really loves his Steak 'n Shake. If I were to find a true replacement for Brett to finish out this quest, by God, it should be someone with a passion like Ron's.

Unfortunately, I caught neither last name nor number, so my friends and acquaintances will just have to continue to suffer for my sake.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm bacon.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who now wants bacon, obviously

    ReplyDelete