Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stop #56: New Castle (#619)

After our stop in Richmond, Splenda and I left scary-close-to-Ohio territory and made our way to the next stop, and the stop that really motivated Splenda to join me on my trip for the day.


That's right: We went to New Castle.


New Castle, home of many a Butler Basketball player, all of whom Splenda appreciates greatly due to them playing basketball for Butler.

I, too, am a fan, because they shoot many ...

s!

That is, they shoot a lot of 3-pointers, and 3 is my second favorite number. 3 is also the highway you take to get to New Castle, which is where, as I've already mentioned, many Butler players are from.

Once we got there, with basketball on my mind, I got excited by the Steak 'n Shake measuring stick by the door, 'cause according to it, height is measured in Steak 'n Shake characters. I am apparently Goldie Fries tall.


Most Butler basketball players are Milkshake tall, or taller, apparently.

Since we had had lunch in Richmond (close enough to Ohio to warrant worrying about being poisoned, I might add), Splenda and I decided we only needed milkshakes this time around.

Splenda was glad to finally get the chance to try the Nutter Butter milkshake.


 Meanwhile, I was glad to get the chance to have the brownie bits milkshake.



 Sad to say, this is my before face. The shake itself was a bit of a disappointment. If you go to Steak 'n Shake and you're craving both brownie and ice cream, please, don't waste your time on this milkshake.

Get the glorious, wondrous brownie sundae. For reals:

 
 Someone about to take on a delicious, delicious combination of ice cream and brownie.


 Someone about to take on a not-so-delicious combination of ice cream and brownie.

After we finished our shakes, Splenda and I decided to do our group shot with Darnell Archey, Zach Hahn, and Chase Stigall, the very boys who had motivated us to stop by that Steak 'n Shake that day.


4 comments:

  1. Favorite. Photoshopped Pic. Ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I was very disappointed by the brownie shake because there were NUTS in the brownie bits. Boo for nuts in my brownie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that makes me jealous -- because it implies that your brownie bits were big enough to contain nuts! Mine were seriously, just crumbs. I wanted BITS.

      On the other hand, I'm not surprised there are nuts in the brownie bits you had -- because there's nuts in the brownie they put in their fudge brownie sundaes. I actually imagine that my shake was made with whatever crumbs were left in their brownie-making pan because they were legit crumbs. :(

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete