Monday, March 28, 2011

Stop #13: Washington & High School, Indianapolis (#233)

Lucky #13 Stop brought us to the Steak 'n' Shake at Washington and High School just two days after Stop #12 had us up at the northeast side of town.


This was an exceptional trip because my sister and sister-in-law came down to visit me. They were helping me shop for new clothes, 'cause when left to my own devices, I'm basically the ideal candidate for Stacy and Clinton on "What Not to Wear." Seriously. I've had five different people tell me they've come to that conclusion, all independently. My sister being one of them.

Carmen and Angie were excited to come down to help shop -- and were excited to be a part of the quest.


Not only did Carmen and Angie come down, but they brought my nephew, Rais, with them.

Which meant I had company in coloring the sign.


Emily joined us too, 'cause we thought a girls' SnS trip would be fun (a statement for which we will temporarily ignore Rais's presence). Once I told her which SnS, she even complimented the choice, texting me that it was a "good one to go to in the daylight ;)". For the record, Emily was one of the people who yelled at me after the Post Road misadventure.


Of course, even with it being a "Girls Trip," who would want to forget that Rais was there? He's just such a cute kid.


See? Just look at how happy that kid is about his first Steakburger. Seriously. That's his first Steakburger. Angie said they go to Steak 'n' Shake pretty frequently in Fort Wayne (and some day, I will join them a few times), but Rais usually just has a grilled cheese. He seemed to like the Steakburger, though.

I also discovered the benefit of bringing a small child to Steak 'n' Shake on Saturday. See, kids get the little cardboard cars to play with, in addition to their two-pack of crayons and coloring sheet.

Of course, Rais isn't big enough to put his own car together, so I did it for him.


Sad is, I knew how to put the car together because I've done it several times before. Except all those times, I had to specially request the car every other time I've put one together.

The good news is, Rais liked it.


Also, fun related note -- my saved file name for the picture of me with the car was "sns13marcycar." So when I got to the picture of Rais, it got the file name "sns13raiscar." Get it? Like a racecar, except spelled differently? See, it's MORE funny when I spell it out explicitly. :-D

That file-naming was unintentional, but I'm still proud of myself.

Funnily enough, I was excited for other reasons I haven't yet listed.

Yes, my sisters came down to visit, and brought my nephew.
Yes, I got to hang with Emily.
Yes, I built a SnS car again.
Yes, I enjoyed a Guacamole Steakburger and cheese fries.

But on top of all of that, my reason for excitement ...

BOOB!

No, that wasn't the point of this picture to show my excitement. The point was BULLDAWG! But after Carmen took the picture, she said it looked more like I was just excited about BOOB! Probably didn't help that my hair was hiding some of the bulldog.

But seriously, BULLDAWGS! I love my basketball team. Hey hey, everyone, 'member that one time, when the Butler basketball team made it to back-to-back Final Fours in what experts had individually considered two unlikely runs? And it was totally AWESOME that they had these BACK-TO-BACK?

Of course, this picture was taken before we knew that they were going to the Final Four. I mean, I knew, but the team had yet to beat Florida. So I don't know that Carmen, Angie, or Emily "knew." But I knew, just like I know they're going to take VCU this coming Saturday. And just like I know they're going to win that next game on Monday, too. 'Course, I didn't know they would give me the heart attack that they did. And I don't know what types of heart attacks await me in the next games. I do know that heart attacks will come though. Many of them.

Before those, though, more Steak 'n' Shake. Though probably not with such a beautiful group as this.


After all, Brett graces most group pictures, and angry and soulless doesn't necessarily make for beautiful group shots.

See Angry Brett, circa 2009, Nora Steak 'n' Shake.

I'm just sayin'. If Angry Brett insists on being angry and soulless in group photos .... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. You posting fiend.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who is about to go to bed and is feeling horribly uncreative

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have to be honest - I've never been to a Steak and Shake but this blog is making me want to hit one up. They need to talk to you about marketing...haha

    ReplyDelete