Friday, February 24, 2012

Stop #46: College, Bloomington (#222)

As Christmas drew near, I realized I needed to make my way back to Bloomington to knock out the remaining Steak 'n Shakes with my high school buddy, Ben, before he left town. Considering he graduated in December, I found myself really cutting it short with my mid-month visit.

Our first stop was the location on College.

Ben made his own sign ...


... very much influenced by the fact that we were reminiscing a bit about high school while we were out. Because, high school.

While we reminisced, and talked about not-high-school a bit (Ben's upcoming interviews, my new married life), we enjoyed quality Steak 'n' Shake: chicken tenders and fries for me, and for Ben ...

that, plus a Frisco Melt platter. Ben was actually a bit surprised by the salad, as it looked much different from the last time he had had a salad at Steak 'n Shake.

It's true, they've gotten much better since the my obsession with Steak 'n Shake began. My first Steak 'n Shake salad was lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers. Then, at one point, it turned to lettuce, diced tomatoes, and diced cucumbers. And now, that rainbow of veggies. Much tastier. Probably also healthier. A-plus, Steak 'n Shake. A-plus.

We held off on the milkshakes at this stop, though, knowing we'd be hitting another Steak 'n Shake within the hour.

On the way out, we noticed a crane machine in desperate need of a player, given how close this stuffed animal was to falling out. We could've used the help of my college buddy, Kobi, who was probably the best crane machine player I've ever met.


Unfortunately, in my excitement over the crane machine, I neglected to notice that I'd left my box of crayons on the table. I didn't notice, in fact, until we got to the next Steak 'n Shake.

And so ended stop #46.

2 comments:

  1. Even though I have never had a salad at Steak 'n Shake (I... don't see the point in that), that is a good looking salad. A+ indeed.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who is very worried about your crayons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if you're worried about my crayons now, just wait until you see Stop #49 ... :-D

      Delete