Monday, February 27, 2012

Stop #49: Meijer Drive, Fort Wayne (#315)

Stop #49 ended up being one of my first impromptu stops.


I was in Fort Wayne for the weekend and had plans to hang out with a couple friends from high school. Sadly, one bailed, which threw off plans for the evening a bit, but happily resulted in our group collectively deciding to go to a Steak 'n Shake I hadn't yet it hit.

After we arrived, the server stopped by to take our order. Since this was an unplanned stop, I didn't have my crayon stash with me, and followed up my food order with a request for crayons.

"Not as part of my actual food order, but could I have some crayons?"

The server helpfully responded with, "Sure! But they are non-toxic, so if you did want to eat them, you could."

Oh no.
This can't end well.


My crayons arrived with the shakes. I was super-excited, though I was restricted to only blue and red using crayons, so I busted out my pens as well (just for artwork and signage's sake).


When faced with a red-pill-blue-pill option, I decided to follow in Neo's footsteps and choose the red. Because I wanted to know the truth about the Matrix.


And that's the face of someone who has regrets. Not the regret of selecting the red pill over the blue pill. The regret of eating a crayon. Because that is going directly to my hips.


When my actual food finally arrived, Sean forced me to put the crayon on my plate, as it was now officially a part of my Guac-Burger, fries, and Chocomazing milkshake order.

For the record, I did not eat any more of that crayon. What you see there was left on the plate with a few stray fries and some renegade guac.

Despite the fact that we decided to go to Steak 'n Shake in part because one of our party members bailed for the night, Sean decided to make him present at Steak 'n Shake all the same.


Yup, the Ben you know and love from stops #46 and #47 was the one who bailed.

This'll learn 'im.

It was a pleasant stop, and as we left, I realized I'd want to come back to this Steak 'n Shake, so I can play their crane game, and win ...


... the actual Steak 'n Shake characters! We have both "Goldie" (the fries) and "Shaker" (the milkshake). The only one I don't see is "Sizzle," the hamburger.

And yes, those really are the names of their characters.

Thus ended Stop #49. Thanks much to Sean and Jody (and Paper Ben) for talking me into this impromptu stop!

4 comments:

  1. You amaze me with the things you end up doing. Eating crayons? Really?

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who doesn't think wax would taste very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, gotta try to drive up traffic numbers somehow. Now, if you Google "eating steak n shake crayons" ... you still won't get to this post, BUT you will get to my blog via another post! (Which really makes no sense.)

      Delete
  2. I...I can't believe you ate a crayon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do strange things, for love ....
      For this, though, there really is no excuse. :)

      Delete