Monday, November 21, 2011

Stop #41: IN-933, South Bend (#576)



Stop #41 happened mere hours after Stop #40, and mere miles away.

I was joined by the legendary Kyanne and her fellow Notre Dame grad student, Ankit.


You may remember them from the Mishawaka stop, in which I drooled profusely over Shaun Morgan and crew. Of course, you may remember it better for the creepy picture featuring three Bretts.

While I worked on the sign, they worked on some artwork:


From Ankit, a small person with a ginormous Steakburger.

And from Kyanne, an illustration of my drive up on that particular day, in which Officer Ron pulls me over and gives me a speeding ticket.

It's true. My streak of not just not getting pulled over for speeding but legitimately not really speeding anymore anyway ended as construction and We-Wish-We-Were-Big-Town, Indiana
stop lights put me way behind schedule.

And I was sad.

Fortunately, Steak n' Shake was able to supply me with a Western BBQ Double Steakburger and fries.


And when that wasn't quite enough, they brought me a double chocolate milkshake.


And when that wasn't enough, Kyanne, showing the kind of generosity you could only get from a true friend, let me steal her cherry.


For you cynics out there, I guess it's also possible that it's not so much generosity of a true friend, but of someone who doesn't like whipped cream and pseudo-faux cherries.

But I opt for the generosity thing. :)

After we finished our artwork and food, we decided to head out so we could make it to Kyanne's apartment for a round of Settlers of Catan. Which was spectacular, as I recreated I-80/I-90 around some fields of brick and wheat.

Next brilliant idea? Settlers of Can. AT Steak n' Shake.

1 comment:

  1. Was the officer's name actually Ron? Inquiring minds (okay, tired minds who can't come up with a clever comment) want to know.

    (And since when do I have multiple minds? Oh dear.)

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who should go to bed now

    ReplyDelete