Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stop #42: College Mall, Bloomington (#166)

Stop #42 happened as the result of hearing of a fabric arts show/sale the second weekend of November, in Bloomington.


Emily thought it sounded like fun. Jen also thought it sounded like fun. I thought it sounded like a good opportunity to squeeze in another Steak n' Shake. Also like fun.

And the proof that three ladies had taken over the Steak n' Shake:


Yup. Maybe I should clarify "three crafty ladies," as I know one of my bags was there due to knitting projects, and I can only assume Emily too brought knitting, and Jen crocheting, as that's basically always the case.

Speaking of Jen, she is no longer a Steak n' Shake Quest virgin!


Meet Jen. She added artwork to my sign 'cause she's awesome.

Did I mention this Steak n' Shake was in Bloomington?

In case you had any doubts:

Indiana Hoosiers wall liner.

Indiana Avenue street sign, inside.

Still have doubts?
Hoosiers hand in the claw game.

And best of all:

Indiana Hoosiers sign below SnS sign.

Unrelated to the IU hysteria in the place, but this was the first stop where I noticed a promotion I almost can't pass up ....


Apparently, if I buy myself several gift cards for $20, I'll get a $5 gift certificate for each of them.

I may have just found a way to finance the rest of my quest ....

My posse ended up ordering milkshakes all around -- a Butterfinger one for me. Complete with whipped cream mustache, apparently.


We didn't stay long, as we really did want to get back to the home base. Jen also had to check on her puppies. But we did have an enjoyable time.


Thanks Bloomington! I'm sure I'll see you again soon. After all, you still have another two SnS locations for me to visit!

2 comments:

  1. Clearly the Butler response to this is to get a Steak n Shake into Atherton and pack it full of Butler things.

    A Steak n Shake on campus = so much cooler than a Starbucks on campus.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who is getting up early - not to go shopping during Black Friday, oh no, but to go work out to try to burn some of those turkey calories off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! The thing they need to do with the NORA STEAK N' SHAKE! It makes perfect sense. That's where all the Butler peeps go anyway. :) I'd even buy them some of the supplies if they'd go along with it!

    ReplyDelete