Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stop #33: Southport & 37 (#584)

The day after the stops in Clarksville and Seymour, I had a meeting at Bath and Body Works for work. When it was over, coworker Jen and I decided to go to -- where else? -- Steak 'n' Shake.

And so my fellow "Social Media Diva" from our practice skits in the meeting and I made Stop #33 at the Steak 'n' Shake on Southport & 37.


We had a pretty fun time. I got the chicken tenders and fries.


And, apparently, three honey mustards.

Jen and I had fun talking about such things as "Glee," the kid who plays Kurt in "Glee," the girl who plays Rachel in "Glee," when "Glee" season 2 comes out on DVD, the "Glee" movie (which is out in 3-D), and many other things "Glee," and only "Glee." After all, we were the BBW "Social Media Divas" for the night.

No, no, that's not really true. As "Social Media Divas," we really didn't talk about "Glee" at all. We got super excited about lip gloss, 'cause we were going to make a YouTube video about proper use of cosemetics. Well, we apparently were going to do that, until our friend Julie tweeted about this awesome new fragrance, "Paris Amour," which sounded fantastic and we then had to go find, immediately, all while behaving in manners that, though dictated on our role-playing cards, scared off our fellow co-workers.

And as just me and Jen, we really didn't talk only about "Glee." We talked about other music, too, and things not related to music or BBW at all.

Like whether we thought Steak 'n' Shake was trying to avoid copyright violations or something with the following advertisements:

Butterfinger, clearly incorporated into the shake,
and using the Butterfinger slogan:
"Crispety, Crunchety, Peanut-buttery!"


Peanut Butter Cups, using Reese's colors
but not exactly claiming Reese's as the ingredient,
using what feels like a modified Butterfinger slogan:
"Creamy, Chocolatey, Peanut-buttery!"


Dessert discussion made us both really want dessert.

And so, for me, something I haven't had since before Lent:


The fudge brownie sundae! It's creamy, chocolatey, peanut-buttery goodness! Without the peanut-buttery part, anyway.

And Jen? Jen got the standard fudge sundae.


Sadly, she forgot to order it without nuts, which was exactly why she didn't order the fudge brownie sundae for herself.

On the upside, they're easier to pick around in sundae that doesn't stick them right inside the brownie.

I was having a grand ol' time when Fiancé texted to ask when I'd be home, and I realized it was something like 10 p.m. already. So Jen and I called it a night and headed back.

1 comment:

  1. My, you've been eating a lot of dessert lately. :-)

    Your BBW role playing scares me.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who is creamy, chocolatey, and, yes, peanut-buttery

    ReplyDelete