Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stop #29: Muncie, IN (#165)

Stop #29 took me to the Muncie location the day after Stop #28.


Emily and I were on our way back to Indy from a family cook-out and decided to swing through Muncie so Emily could take a brief trip down memory lane -- she went to Ball State, and had many a trip to this particular Steak 'n' Shake, prompting her to alert the masses via Facebook.


I, meanwhile, decided to grab a Steak 'n' Shake hat, and mimic the guy in the Steak 'n' Shake commercials.

Silly Hat.
You can't go throwing confetti and balloons
just 'cause it's "Happy Hour"!
Especially when it's not Happy Hour.


I don't think I mimicked very well.




I also became occupied by my crayons, which finally, probably due to July's record-setting temperatures, fell to the heat.


Yup. They melted together.

It reminded me of when I was younger -- nine or ten? -- and decided to get artistic and creative. I took a bunch of small crayons that weren't worth much due to their brokenness and unsharpenedness, put them on a blank sheet of paper in the microwave, and set the microwave to nuke for a minute or two.

For the record, if anyone wants to try that, just make sure you peel the paper off first. Unless you're trying to start a fire.

Not that I necessarily did start a fire.
Not that I necessarily didn't, either.

But hey, the melted wax looked interesting when I was done.

As the crayons here do.


Once the sign was done, Emily and I ordered: a Frisco melt and french fries for me, and a Frisco shooter and cheese fries for Emily.

Look! The fries are so big in comparison that they could eat the shooter!
Too bad Emily beat them to it.

And I finally felt better about my "World's Saddest Frisco Melt" from a couple months earlier.

Shortly before we left, we noticed something interesting was afoot at the Muncie Steak 'n' Shake.

At first I wasn't sure.


But then I was.


A Denny's Defector!


Emily and I decided to get going before the Steak 'n' Shake imploded from the hypocrisy. Though at least it was not Steak 'n' Shake hypocrisy we were facing.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, so, say, if I put pieces of crayon (sans paper) on wax paper in the microwave, I could have an awesome one of kind multi-colored crayon of my very own?

    Too bad I don't currently own crayons.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who might just go put crayons on her shopping list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Muncie SnS. How I miss thee.
    Kind of... maybe.

    And there are no Denny's in Muncie! This man had to travel far to hide his shame.

    ReplyDelete