Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stop #27: Washington & Franklin, Indianapolis (#31)

On July 21, I hit Stop #27 of the quest on Washington and Franklin in Indianapolis when former roommate suggested we hang out.



I hadn't seen Molly in a while, and we stayed entirely too late, considering all we had were the 'slaw dog and fries, and the BBQ burger and fries.

I was the one with the Western BBQ burger.


Mine was kind of messy, though I didn't actually eat it with the fork and knife, though I later wished I had when I discovered a piece of barbecued onion in my purse that had caused the whole thing to smell a little funky. Regrets, I have them.

The BBQ Burger was actually really tasty; I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting it again, even though Fiance later criticized my choice because "BBQ doesn't go on sandwiches."

Yeah, well, pickles don't belong on your peanut butter sandwich, but you don't see me picking at your choices. Well, till now. 'Cause you started it.

Part of why Molly and I sat for so long was that we just needed to catch up. In the time since we last visited, Molly started her surgery rotation at a new location (on this particular day, Molly had seen a patient trying to ... well, use some illegal substances even in the hospital, in her hospital room), and I had attended the Catholic Pre-Marriage Conference in Warsaw, also known as the "NFP! NFP! Lots and lots of Catholic babies and NFP!" conference. At least in my mind.

No, in all honesty, it wasn't as bad as I expected, though NFP would sound like a not-so-crazy solution if they could find some people who used it to have an actually reasonable number of kids. And I mean by non-Catholic standards. Using NFP and winding up with six or more kids makes it sound like there were probably some oops-babies in there, especially when your spokes-couple mentions early in their educational video that they had initially wanted four.

My talk of the conference, though, made Molly a bit sad. I wasn't really sure why; she wasn't the one who just got done with a seven-hour "conference" in which several married couples stared her down and implied that she should be trying to push at least eight kids out HER "hoo-ha."

Then she showed me why:


She now thinks she's going to be one of those crazy old cat ladies, 'cause she is currently single. I'm pretty sure she won't be a crazy old cat lady; she's not currently crazy, she's only 25, and she only has one cat. And her singledom is probably greatly attributable to the fact that she's in med school and has not-much free time. Seriously, not much free time. In five years, she'll be 30, which is far too young to be considered a crazy old cat lady. Also, unless she takes some ridiculous drugs between now and then, I find it hard to believe she'll lose total sanity within the next five years, too.

So hold out hope, Molly! I don't think you'll get to be a crazy old cat lady for at LEAST 25 years. And considering the world's gonna end in 2012, I don't think you have anything to worry about!

Molly's artistic digressions made me want to get artsy, and when she mentioned she's thinking about getting a tattoo, I decided it was a sign. We discussed some of her options, some of the things that I've seen done poorly, some of the things I've seen done too often, and some things that are just questionable ideas.

And then, I came up with Molly's soon-to-be tattoo. Check out that circled doodle. And sit in awe. 'Cause that will be Molly's tattoo. She told me so. And surely she's not lying just to spare my feelings about my art skills or something.


We were about to book her appointment to get this ink done when we realized it was quite late, and she had to get up at super-early so she could go back to that surgery thing, so I guess the tat will have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. If I owned a cat, and wasn't somewhat allergic to them, I highly suspect I would end up as a crazy cat lady before I turned 30. And I'm 27.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who is hungry right at this moment and your posts about SnS aren't helping any

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 28 and married and I'm still a crazy cat lady with FOUR cats. Four. And by the way, any number of cats over TWO is too many. Trust me on that.

    ReplyDelete