Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stop #26: Schererville (#217)

Stop #26 took us to Schererville, Indiana, just an hour or so after we left the Steak 'n' Shake in Valparaiso.


Kathy and I met up with a former student worker of mine, Terri, who is awesome; a couple of other friends, Toni and Aaron, who made a recommendation for me for a DJ for the wedding; and someone you've all been missing:


Brett!

Sadly, he wasn't feeling all that happy when he saw us arrive. He was feeling more like this:


Namely because he thought we were ridiculously late. Which, we were a bit late -- but he was early, and that's not our fault.

Still, it was an exciting time. Kathy and I did arrive.


And it was good to see some kids I haven't seen in a while.


And I got to meet someone new: Toni's husband, Aaron.


And Aaron turned into quite an assett on this stop. Because, when we played the Steak 'n' Shake story game, he was our reader.

And so that all you readers can enjoy the story too:

Once upon a time Marcy sucked at driving and was really late to see some good friends, thus their friendship ended with fiery vengeance.
When Marcy arrived, Corrie, our server, became our referee for our battle.
The battle was eminent.
It was complete with straw wrappers and hyperactive hot peppers.

Suddenly, Edward Norton showed up, wielding a sword and vowing death to those who continued the attack with straws (but not hot peppers).
He was quite partial to hot peppers as a weapon, they are so versatile yet so straightforward.
Unlike ketchup that just ends up everywhere.
But ketchup is good in life and people enjoy it, unlike Marcy.
People also love fries with their ketchup. Suddenly, it's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly and a baseball bat -- with ketchup laden fries. Do I hear the "Beer Cheer"?
And Jesus said, "Why yes, I believe I WILL have a beer!"
Which he then miraculously turned from Keystone into Guinness.
Then got trashed off of car bombs and Black and tans.
In an attempt to get back on Brett's good graces, she bought him a milkshake, but did it work?
TO BE CONTINUED


It's true. I did buy Brett a milkshake, though not so much to get back in his good graces as to thank him for driving Kathy back to Chicago after our Schererville stop.

Of course, the milkshake benefited me, too: I promptly stole his cherry.


Also, I think it's been proven that hot peppers are not necessarily the most effective weapon, as Kathy's pretty much immune.


Yes, Kathy tends to douse her chilli in this stuff. So much that she usually requires two bottles. She's kind of my hero sometimes.

As for me, I ordered a California Double Steakburger, fries, and a Cherry Coke.

Oh yeah, and a receipt, well-done.


And thus ended Stop #26, with good times had by all, except Brett, who has no soul and therefore will never experience good times.


Just kidding. I miss Brett. Steak 'n' Shake just isn't the same without him. Which can mean only one thing: Brett must come back to Indiana. Even if I have to kidnap him. Har har har ....

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you've been! I lost my Steak-n-Shake virginity this past Sunday and I'm hoping to have a post for you by sometime this weekend. I would have had it earlier but things have been insane around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten how much of that stuff Kathy uses! Oh, man!

    Sincerely, a still sunburnt Minnesotan

    ReplyDelete