Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Interlude #3: Glendale Heights, Illinois

My Steak 'n' Shake Spree continued with a non-official stop -- non-official because, once I got to Kathy's house in not-technically-Chicago-but-really-close, she suggested we go to, where else?, Steak 'n' Shake.


Kathy, of course, made her own personal sign.


As we arrived, Kathy pointed out the amusing: a Bally's right next door to the Steak 'n' Shake.


A Bally's which I could have used after this particular interlude in the quest, because it was here that I made probably the first -- and, really, only major -- mistake of the SnS Spree: I got another milkshake.

Key Lime, this time. I rhyme.

Now, I reiterate, I did not feel even remotely sick at any point in the Spree, even though I had two milkshakes within a five-or-so hour period. Unlike the night before Lent began.

See that? That is the face of someone who is about to have
a lot of regrets. On Fat Tuesday.

Apparently, two milkshakes isn't enough to knock me down. Though I'm sure it's not helping in that goal to lose weight by the wedding.

While enjoying our shakes, Kathy and I also worked on some anagrams.

Kathy's solution for

ZEN LBE MOO TAF SEAMRYMIZ

was

FAT LIMBS MOO ZEN RYE MAZE!


I, of course, worked on the standard

LAL UYO NCA TEA KENPCAAS!

which translated this time to

OYE LUNK ALPACAS AT ACNE!


I maintain that LAL UYO NCA TEA KENPCAAS does NOT translate to ALL YOU CAN EAT PANCAKES.

Speaking of pancakes, sometime during our visit with the Glendale Heights Steak 'n' Shake, Kathy and I decided that a brilliant decision would be for us to get up early enough the next morning to be able to make it to one of the other Steak 'n' Shakes in the Region and grab breakfast. So shortly after we finished our milkshakes and anagrams, we decided to head out and get some sleep.

And so went the Steak 'n' Shake Quest Interlude in a Chicago suburb Steak 'n' Shake.

1 comment:

  1. Pancake anagrams are so overrated.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who might just have +1'd your blog on Google+ just now to see what would happen

    ReplyDelete