Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stop #3: Steak 'n' Shake at Michigan & 86th, Indianapolis (#159)

Saturday, Feb. 12, was our third stop in this grand quest. It was at the location on Michigan and 86th Street, here in Indianapolis.


And there was all kinds of excitement. Because I discovered that you can buy Steak 'n' Shake stuff. And I don't mean food.


Seriously, the Michigan location had a display with lots of these brochures. (Although, I guess if I had ever looked at the back of the placemat that I was doodling all over, I may have noticed this earlier, sans info on specific products ....)

Seriously, this is, like, the best thing I've learned in a long time.

  • You can buy a t-shirt that says "I ♥ Steak 'n' Shake"! Well, if you are a youth. Otherwise, you are restricted to shirts that just say "Steak 'n' Shake" on them. Which is only ALMOST as awesome. Which is why I'm going to stop eating so I can fit into the large youth t-shirt.
  • You can buy an official Steak 'n' Shake apron. Buy that, walk in wearing it over a white shirt and some black pants, accompanied by a black bow tie, and they might even let you back by the grill to make your own Frisco Melt!
  • You can buy one of their coffee mugs, complete with the Steak 'n' Shake logo. Though I won't, 'cause I already have one via Special Acquisition. (And one via legitimate garage sale purchase, but it's more fun to mention the Special Acquisition first, and besides, mentioning a garage-sale-acquired one implies that someone, somewhere, decided they no longer wanted their Steak 'n' Shake mug.)
  • You can get any of three license plates showing your love for Steak 'n' Shake -- though my personal favorite is "I 8 SNS". I should totally take advantage of these, seeing as Indiana is a state where you CAN get away with vanity plates because you're not required to have your license on both the front and back of your car, like certain other neighboring and lame states (Yes, I'm looking at you, Ohio, and all your police officers that specifically target anyone driving through your territory without a plate on the front of the car ... how come you haven't self-imploded yet and left behind the crater that we joked about using as a urinal when I was an undergrad?).
  • You can get a set of trivia facts and play a family-friendly game of "What do we know about Steak 'n' Shake?" I so, so, SO want it. Then you could look forward to posts sprinkled with true-fact information, slipped in subtly, such as "Brett and I went to a new Steak 'n' Shake tonight! It was great fun! Steak 'n' Shake is a wholly owned subsidiary of Biglari Holdings Inc. I ordered a Chocomazing tonight, and it was, of course, amazing! But I'm definitely going to have gained approximately 73.9 pounds by the end of this quest. Which will, of course, keep me from wearing my fabulous large-youth 'I ♥ Steak 'n' Shake' t-shirt. This plan clearly needs rethinking."
In addition, in non-bullet-point form, there's also a Steak 'n' Shake clock.


Seriously, how do I not have one of these already?


Oh yeah. Because it's $149.99.

Anyway. This brochure definitely consumed my attention for roughly 82 percent of the time we were at Steak 'n' Shake on Saturday.

And additional seven percent of my attention was dedicated to the fact that we actually got the shake glasses when we ordered shakes.


Unfortunately, in my photo attempt to capture the three of us that ordered shakes, showing off the shake glasses, no one else took the picture seriously. As in, you can't see ANYONE else's glasses. Bitches.

Not really. Becca and Kyle are great. And this stop in the quest was a successful one. Good food was had by all, except those who abstained from eating, because they clearly have no taste buds. :-P

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize I was *that* much shorter than Kyle. *whimper*

    Speaking of not realizing things, I didn't realize that picture was meant to show off the shake glasses! Next time I will comply accordingly.

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who still absolutely loves that shake picture

    ReplyDelete