Monday, April 2, 2012

Stop #52: East Division, Evansville (#4804802)

Just hours after our breakfast at the Bedford Steak 'n Shake, Jen and I made our way to the first of two Steak 'n Shakes in Evansville.


Of course, when we first arrived, we weren't terribly hungry. After all, we had just had breakfast a couple hours prior -- it was too soon for lunch. We killed some time at a nearby TJ Maxx, followed by a Target, before heading back to the Steak 'n Shake for the lunches we'd planned since we first got into town.

It was pretty warm, so I decided to go for some cooler options: a grilled chicken salad and cottage cheese.


Jen ordered a Wisconsin Buttery Burger and, when done with that, decided she wanted dessert.


I got jealous. I wanted dessert too!

Tasty, tasty crayons!

Unfortunately, before I could actually enjoy my crayon dessert, Jen swiped them away for a color comparison, since I managed to remember to bring my own crayons on this trip.


We came to the conclusion that the Steak 'n Shake black crayon is better than Crayola's, but Crayola's pinks definitely have something over the Steak 'n Shake one, something more than just the fact that there's two of them.

Then, just as we were getting ready to leave, I noticed something peculiar about this Steak 'n Shake.

That wall ... it's too red. Just too red. What, did you murder someone there?

Anyone else catch it? Something big, you've seen in pretty much all Steak 'n Shakes in this blog up to now?

The Crazy Claw. The Crazy Claw has been stolen from this poor Steak 'n Shake.

... well, not really stolen. We asked our server, Teresa, about it, and she said that they hadn't ever had one, to her knowledge.

Oh, poor Steak 'n Shake #4804802. (And for the record, that is NOT a typo.) You really do deserve a crane game. Any other Steak 'n Shakes out there care to lend a hand?

Unfortunately, Jen and I were to discover worse things about Evansville after this. Things much worse than a Steak 'n Shake lacking its Crazy Claw.

Of course, we didn't know that when this photo was taken.

2 comments:

  1. I went to SnS this weekend and thought of you! I had that 3d grilled cheese thing. It was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good! I definitely wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was -- in part because the pepperjack cheese kind of scared me off a bit. But yeah -- definitely a good sandwich. Jen was actually in a dilemma at this stop, because she wasn't sure if she wanted to get that or something else.

      Delete