Monday, April 2, 2012

Stop #51: Bedford (#663)

On March 31, the long-awaited day that Jen and I had planned finally came.

And we took a road trip to knock out a few Steak 'n Shake stops.

Starting with breakfast at Bedford.


I knew pretty quickly what I wanted.

I believe they call this a homestyle breakfast.

Jen, sadly, was torn.

Silly Jen, that's what the coupon stash is for!

Jen was torn between biscuits 'n gravy, and pancakes.

While she was debating the perks of each order, I was reminded of a fantastic scene from the movie "Cabin Fever."

And, of course, if you've seen the movie, then you can probably guess what scene I'm thinking of based on the food options Jen was weighing.

If you haven't seen the movie, check out that link and watch the clip. Seriously. I'll wait here. I'd have embedded it, so you wouldn't even have to leave for a moment (also, 'cause I like the scene myself), but the uploader of this clip (and, it seems, all clips of this scene) has disabled embedding.

This memory forced me to update the sign for this stop.

Pancakes! Pancakes!

Jen eventually settled on biscuits 'n gravy. I hardly noticed, as I was having a passionate affair with my own biscuit, not doused in gravy but just plain.


Seriously. Steak 'n Shake biscuits are tasty.


So tasty, that when I left, I found myself doing my own version of martial arts, while crying out for "Biscuits, biscuits!"


Can't say I know who I was doing my martial arts at, but I look pretty darn threatening, don't I? Especially when you add in the unbalanced mental capacity that accompanies the person who is driven to shout the names of breakfast items before launching an attack.


And so Stop #51 ended, in a generally positive manner. Jen and I got back on the road to hit our next Steak 'n Shake town: Evansville.

No comments:

Post a Comment