Monday, October 31, 2011

Stop #36: Terre Haute (#203)

Sometimes Husband's job makes him leave for a few days. Once he was gone a solid week, between a job in Memphis and a job in ... somewhere, Tennessee.

But in late September, he was gone just for the tail end of a week, and only in Vincennes.

So I arranged to have another Steak 'n' Shake stop where I could see him. After all, we were still quite newly wed, and I missed my hubby. I arranged for Husband's Cousin and Emily to join me, 'cause, well, long drives are more fun with others.

And so, Steak 'n' Shake Quest Stop #36 is brought to you by Husband's Job.


Unfortunately, Husband (and everyone else) wasn't craving Steak 'n' Shake for dinner. He was craving something else. And the Umi Grill Sushi Bar was also right there in Terre Haute, and was quite close to the Steak 'n' Shake.


Sushi: Not so much my thing.

Dessert at Steak 'n' Shake?


My kind of thing. :)

I, of course, went for my new favorite, the cookies 'n' cream shake with a chocolate cookie to top it off.

The fun thing about this trip, if you can't tell from the pictures, is that we sat at the bar. It's the first time I had a chance to do this during this quest.

Unfortunately, sitting at the bar is what made us capable of seeing this:

Meat patty, wherefore art though next to the Red Bull display,
and not on the grill, where thou shouldst be, grilling, that
I might hath a Frisco Melt in the near future?

Josh made me take a picture. Because that's probably against code, somewhere.

Gotta say, I enjoyed the bar seating, mostly -- but I also really enjoyed the Terre Haute Steak 'n' Shake's wall mural.


Emily posed, so I didn't look quite so creepy taking a picture of it.

And so the stop in Terre Haute was a quick one, with everyone else having enjoyed the sushi grill, and me having enjoyed my milkshake thoroughly.

Also, thus ends my quest post hiatus!

1 comment:

  1. What if Steak n Shake sold sushi?

    Sincerely, a Minnesotan who wonders just how much frisco sauce she could use to disguise the taste of raw fish

    ReplyDelete