Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stop #58: Reed Road, Kokomo (#145)

Jen and I were not done in Kokomo after our stop at Essex Drive. But, what do you do when Kokomo has broken your heart?

What DO you do?

You drown your sorrows in milkshakes at the OTHER Kokomo Steak 'n Shake!

Goldie's a big HIMYM fan like me, apparently.
Also, I totally free-handed that. Maybe.

So Jen and I headed to the next SnS on Reed Road.

We each ordered a Red Velvet milkshake with fudge drizzling. Then waited.

For forever.

Jen got to work on solving the Steak 'n Shake puzzles on the back of her placemat.

Cruel puzzles taunting us with a spring while we sat in a snow-covered Hell.

Then things got worse: Our shakes arrived, but the server had to tell us that they were out of fudge drizzling and had to use chocolate syrup instead. We didn't mind that so much, but when I took off the lid to my cup, I nearly wept.

Where's the top quarter of my shake?

It was sadly low on the shake. Seriously, I'd had one sip at this point. And as big as my mouth is, it can't fit THAT much shake. 

Also, I had no spoon to fetch the cherry.

Basically, Kokomo decided that it wasn't going to break our hearts just once. It was going to break our hearts again, and again, and again. 

... Then again, I did have a mostly-full tasty shake to try to take my mind off my broken heart. As long as the lid was on.

Meanwhile, Jen distracted herself from the sadness by stealing my placemat and continuing the puzzles activities.

Jen might be a masochist, looking at all these spring-y things amidst a blizzard outside.

Sadly, with this stop, our "tropical" vacation was over: Jen had to work, and I had some tears to shed in the privacy of my own home.


 And, of course, we did get a postcard for all you lovely readers.

Reverse: Next time, just go to Florida.
There might be giant gross bugs, but there's also beaches.
And 81 Steak 'n Shakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment